Saturday, April 21, 2018

Walking Class Of 2018

Graduation Time Class Of 2018, Where Black Grads Matter! I have been waiting for this moment for about 5 years now. I attend Lane College a Division II School. I just can say that I am really proud of myself & the things that I have been through just for me to get to this point in my life. One of the first in my family as a male to graduate from college. it’s been a long process from failing classes, taking them over, professors pushing me to do better and to become a better person. Once my senior year started I wanted to make sure that I was ahead in my class so there could be nothing to hold me back from graduating. Taking four major classes and playing baseball was kind of hard for me. Just had to understand that I am a student-athlete which means, me being a student comes first. Some sad things about the graduation are that I didn’t graduate with the class that I have come in with, and this may be my last time seeing some of the people that I am graduating with. One thing about graduating is that, it doesn’t matter how long it takes you to receive your bachelor degree as long as you receive it. There are some things you should know before graduating. One thing you should know is what you are doing or where you are going once you graduate because the real world is nothing to play with. I know people that have graduated and now they are home doing nothing with their lives. Some graduates didn’t receive a job in there career field until 3 years later. So knowing what your going to do after graduation is a very big role. The graduation rate for black graduates are increasing & we can make a difference. https://www.the74million.org/race-and-debt-black-grads-default-more-frequently-than-white-dropouts/  
It’s a week left, and when I walk across that stage I will become a become a new man. I will be Saying “ I did this for my family and the ones that wanted me to be great” there are people that don’t want to see me shine and be great, not just me but other graduates as well. We pushed each other to see this day for us to be saluted for the hard work that we have put in. So when the day of graduation comes we all should capture this moment cause not everyone graduates from college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Persevere Your Way To Success

You either can starve or you can survive. You have to learn how to go after the things that you want in life. If you think waiting for a ...